Monday, November 03, 2008

My recent trip to Las Vegas!!!

I recently took a trip to Las Vegas to hang out with my dad & brother, Donovan at the drag races at LVMS . Let me just say, I HATE non-reving now!!!!!

My weekend started on Thurdsay, October 30th. I originally took the day off but decided that I would go to work since dad was not going to be in Vegas until 6pm and my flight didn't depart Phoenix until 4:30pm. Silly me....what was I thinking????

We arrived at home about 4:00 and Cordell takes me to the airport. Guess what? The flight is full and there are a ton of people listed to non-rev on the flight. I think, ok no big deal I'll just take the next flight or hop on Southwest. After all, I still have my tickets from when I was supposed to go to Denver to visit my cousin Gina.

So I list for the Southwest flight and make my way to the gate when I realize, my ticket might be expired.....oh great!!! Well I give the gate agent my ticket anyway and the first thing she notices is that my ticket is expired and she can't let me on the flight!!! I'm thinking, "Why didn't I just take a 1/2 day and take care of this sooner? UGH..... I would have been in Vegas at 6pm and could have gone to the fan fest like I was planning. I swear, I should not have let Cordell talk me into going to work!!!

Anyways, back to the story....So I miss the Southwest flight and start walking back to USAirways and list for the next flight, which is also the last flight of the night! The whole time I'm texting Jennifer and Amber. They both tell me I can purchase my ticket at the USAir ticket counter but I was tired and not to mention lazy to walk back downstairs only to stand in line (AGAIN) and then make my way back upstairs to the Southwest terminal. I sit and wait for the flight and then 45 minutes before the flight is to depart for Vegas, the gate agents say the flight is oversold and that they are looking for volunteers for a flight the next morning. You know what this means....I'm not going to make it on the flight. So I call my dad to let him know I didn't make it out and to expect me the next morning.

I finally made it to Vegas the next night, yes I said night....I was bumped from my flight and was tired of the airport. In the mean time, I received an email from Donovan telling he was driving. I didn't want him to drive alone so I told him that I would go with him. Of course he couldn't leave early so we had to wait until he got off from work and then hit the road. We finally left Phoenix at 7:00 pm and arrived in Las Vegas at the hotel at 11:30pm. I thought we were going to go to sleep but what happens???? We take a walk down the strip and start playing slots at Harrahs and Caesar's Palace! OMG, we were out until 5am!!! That was just crazy!!! We got back to our room and literally laid down for about 3 hours when dad came to the room and wanted to head out to the track.

We finally make it to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway!!! YAY!!!! Here are a few pictures. Speaking about pictures! I forgot to buy batteries for my camera so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted!!! I was so mad at myself!!! Ugh.....


We parked and are now walking to the drag strip. My.....does that look like a LONG way to walk!!!

Dad following Donovan.....


Dad purchasing our tickets for the drag races!


When we arrived at the drag strip the dragsters were just starting to qualify. We were trying to hurry to find a seat so we wouldn't miss out! Here are some photos I was able to take.











Here I am trying to snap a picture of us.

Ok Donovan, you look better in this one :)

Here I am after we walked back to dad's truck for mor water! I was hot and tired from that long walk! I swear I did more walking than I have ever walked!



We were at the race track until 7pm. Donovan & I got back to our room and washed up and walked with my dad to the Wynn casino. OMG, was that a walk!!!!! Donovan & I were there until 5am the next morning. Dad was tired so he went back to the room early.
Let me just say that I had a blast in Vegas with my dad and brother....not to mention my friend Shelby from high school. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I met up with her and met her husband Mac. I have not see her in YEARS!!! I'm talking since HIGH SCHOOL!!! OMG, we were so close and I'm not sure exactly what happened but we lost contact and were re-united on myspace!!! It's crazy how myspace works! Anyways, we hung out with them for a little bit and had so much fun and laughing non-stop!!! Good times!!! I can't wait for our next trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,

Krisha

Test

This is my test blog.