January 13, 2008 - Sunday
A New Year, A New Beginning.... Current mood: happy Category: Blogging
(If you're reading this, you're on my preferred list.)
I went to church today for the first time in a couple of years. It was a good feeling to be back in church.
Growing up I went to church with my Grandmother every Sunday morning, evening & Wednesday evening.
In high school I had a great relationship with God. My relationship was growing & I was getting close to the Lord. I was a part of the youth group & I loved going.... I loved my youth paster, Mr. Taggart. I could talk to him about anything that was bothering me.
I moved away and didn't have a youth group to attend and was not able to attend church on a regular basis. Somewhere along the way, I got lost.....
Thanks to my Uncle Aaron, I found a church. I am excited to be going back to church.
Don't get me wrong, I always knew that the Lord wasn't far away. I know that he's there watching over me and my family. I 'm excited to re-build my relationship with the Lord.
Prayer Requests:
Strength, support & comfort for the loss of my loved one for me & my family.
Strength & support to continue to be alcohol free. (It's been 22 days since my last drink)
A closer relationship with the Lord
4:26 PM - 5 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -
-----------------------------------
Holly
I am so proud of you! It sounds like you are doing great! I will keep you in my prayers. :)Christian CommentsHolly
Posted by Holly on January 13, 2008 - Sunday at 5:41 PM [Remove] [Reply to this]
Patti
Just so you know, I am so proud of you for keeping yourself on track. Rather it's 22 days or 22 years. I have been clean for about 2.5 years now and I wouldn't trade it for anything. My family and I will continue to pray for you and yours. God is always there, rather we remember or not Love Ya Patti
Posted by Patti on January 13, 2008 - Sunday at 6:43 PM [Remove] [Reply to this]
♥pink tart♥
WOW! That is a great testimony!You and your family are in my daily prayers!God Bless.
Posted by ♥pink tart♥ on January 17, 2008 - Thursday at 9:37 PM [Remove] [Reply to this]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Test
This is my test blog.
-
One of my blogging friends, Alicia started a new meme called "Friday Photo Flashback" She decided to start this meme because she ...
-
One of my blogging friends, Alicia started a new meme called "Friday Photo Flashback" She decided to start this meme because she ...
-
I am participating in a year long challenge created by Carin at Forever in Blue Jeans . The Goal is to post a photo of you & one or mo...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you,
Krisha