Bryant Landon Harris Eulogy
Current mood: calm
Bryant Landon Harris was born on a cold wintry day on January, the 11th 1985. I remembered it had snowed and my father walked into my Grandma's house to tell us, Krisha and Donovan that we had a little baby brother.
I, Donovan remember growing up with my little brother in Kayenta, AZ and Farmington, NM. One thing that will stay stuck in my mind is playing "cars" with him in the dirt. We would make little trails around our trailer in Kayenta. We built little homes and roads from the earth. Although few years went on and I was in Junior High School, he still would ask me to play "cars" with him. And yes, I did. (smiles)
I will cherish each moment with you Bryant. I will keep in mind that your favorite snack was sunflower seeds and Dr. Pepper, watching your favorite wrestler, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. That brought smiles to your face. Smiles so bright that your cheeks would lift up and close your eyes… Your bright straight teeth gleaming… How I adored your perfect straight teeth.
How do you say "bye" to your baby brother? I, Krisha find that it's not something easy to do. I know I will see you again in the Lord's house one day. This is so hard to deal with right now; I keep thinking you're going to walk through the front door at mom's house. I also know that with the love of God, we will get through this.
I used to baby sit you and Donovan when mom and dad were at work. I changed your diapers, feed you, and cleaned you up just like you did with Joshua. You would follow me around everywhere, when you were not already hanging out with the Uncles. You always hung out with the older men… You were so adorable! (smiles) I know you learned a lot from them. You were my "go to" guy if we needed something fixed, needed work on our vehicles, or if my children needed your assistance in assembling a toy.
I remember the time when we went to the Drag Races last February as it were yesterday. You had gone to the pits and were walking up and down the isles with Dad. When you had returned to Donovan and I, you had practically ran up to us. You were so happy with a great big smile on your face. You had small drips of sweat on your forehead from the sun beaming down on you. You had showed us your connecting rod, sighed by Frank Petragon, a Championship Funny Car Drag Racer. I remember you had mentioned that Frank had told you, "Now this is very special. Don't go putting this on E-Bay." And you didn't… You cherished it with all your heart. You held it to you closely because this was very valuable to you.
Bryant I will miss you but I will know that you're not far away. You are in my heart. You were always there for me. You helped me with my children. You were there to help them with their homework. You would be there giggling with them assisting them with their work. When weekends would come where Cordell & I had to work, you would watch them and take the kids swimming. The kids and you would come back sun burnt and hungry. They love you so much! They looked up to you.
You touched so many people Bryant. You were a very caring son, brother and uncle to all of us. Kelcie said that you always had a smile on your face no matter what kind of mood you were in. You welcomed people with open arms. You had a big heart and were very compassionate. You would always give Donovan "bear hugs." You would touch Donovan and I and say, "you're skin is so soft."
Lewis brought over a couple of pictures he took of you at their Christmas dinner. I keep looking at them and still can't get over this. It all came as a big shock to everybody. You were one of the kindest people I know. You made friends with just about everybody. You were, in a way, the neighborhood watch…(smiles.) Those of you who came to visit us, you'll understand why I say that. You became quite friendly with the people who moved in & out of our building.
After finding out the news the other day, Cordell & I headed back to the apartment. We could not bring ourselves to go inside; we had to wait for a while before we could go inside. Once we walked in, I went straight to your room, grabbed your blankets and just held on to it. I couldn't let go.
This is so hard to deal with right now; I keep thinking you're going to walk through the front door at mom's house. I still don't want to let go, but I know you're in heaven. You're in a better place; you have no worries and no pain. I know that that with the love of God, we will get through this. I will miss you baby brother and I will always love you. And so I say this to you, I will not say goodbye to you… I will say I will see you later.
I love you very much, Sister Krisha Lynn and Brother Donovan Meldon.
6:38 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Test
This is my test blog.
-
One of my blogging friends, Alicia started a new meme called "Friday Photo Flashback" She decided to start this meme because she ...
-
One of my blogging friends, Alicia started a new meme called "Friday Photo Flashback" She decided to start this meme because she ...
-
I am participating in a year long challenge created by Carin at Forever in Blue Jeans . The Goal is to post a photo of you & one or mo...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you,
Krisha