Join the fun! Click here to learn how to play! I thought it would be fun to participate. It's really simple. You make a short post about the weekly topic which is posted here.
You can respond to each topic with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, or 6 photos. Click here to see the complete list of weekly topics. Fairly simple, right?
Today's topic is "6 ways you indulge or spoil your children"
- We let our kids stay up later than normal on the weekends. Seriously, who doesn't?
- Friday is usually the night we go out and reward the entrie family. We let the little kids order their own meal off the kids menu & the big kids order their meal off the "adult" menu. They like that! Especially when we let them pick their own drinks!
- After the kids have done their chores for the week we usually reward them by taking them to Target so they can purchase something under $15.00.
- We also reward them when they are good on any given day by giving them $2.00 for a snack at the local mini mart. That puts a smile on their face because they know they can purchase a snack for $1-2 at the mini mart & I can see on their expression that it makes them feel good about going into the store on their own and purchasing something because they did so good.
- I usually let them have a "free pass" for their daily chores when they behave and do a good job by listening to the sitter when I am at work.
- We allow them to watch the Disney channel when my hubby & I want some quiet time.

Rewards are positive motivators for good behavior. Always a good feeling to see our kids smile, specially when it's something we did that's the source of the smile :)
ReplyDeleteWow...great motivators...thinking maybe I ought to use some of your ideas! Stopping by from MomDot's Small Talk 6!
ReplyDeletemy oldest is just now getting to the stage where he needs to older off the big menu ( he will be 9 at the end of summer) and like your older kids he loves it!
ReplyDeleteStopping by to see you from Momdot