Friday, December 19, 2008

Flashback Friday - Christmas Memories

I've been browsing many blogs and came across several memes that I would like to participate in. Here's on of them....Flashback Friday brought to you by BlogMommas.com


"Christmas is next week so I thought today we would flashback to some of our favorite Christmas memories. From time with family to favorite gifts, just remember some of your most cherished times and tell us about them." - BlogMommas.com

When I was younger, I remember how we would always have Christmas dinner at Grampa & Gramma's house and participate in a family gift exchange. We would always draw names by age groups and send gifts to each other. Not only would my brother's & I receive a gift from a cousin, we would receive gifts from mom and dad, too.

We would first have breakfast with mom and dad and then open our gifts & stockings Christmas morning and then in the late afternoon/early evening we would go to Grampa & Gramma's house for our Christmas dinner.

Everybody from my mom's side of the family would attend. I enjoyed our time because we would see cousins, aunt's & uncle's who we had not seen in such a long time. As a young child we would sleep over at my grandparent's house because that's where everybody stayed when they traveled in from out of town. I remember how all the cousins would stay up late playing board games and just spending time with each other.

Good times!



2 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas memory!! It sounds so much like mine when I was little!!

    Next week, the meme I participate it on Thursdays (Thankful Thursday) is in regards to a Christmas memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 PM

    So glad you joined in! Sorry I just got here, I'm so slow lately but I figure it is ok because Christmas is nearly here!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    :)
    Becki@BlogMommas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you,

Krisha

Test

This is my test blog.