Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback #13

Friday Photo Flashback

One of my blogging friends, Alicia started a new meme called "Friday Photo Flashback" She has so many pictures from her pre-digital camera days& decided to scan and share them with us!  What a good way to share photos & take a trip through memory lane!  Be sure to sign in to Mr. Linky so others can visit your blog too!


The photo I am sharing today is one of my favorite photos of me and my dog.  Everyone meet Blackie!  He was 1/2 labrador & 1/2 chow chow.  He was the first pet my brothers & I had!  I got Blackie from a community service officer at my old job in high school.

I remember that afternoon when she came in to the office, she had 5 puppies in a box.  She was walking around all the departments asking if anyone wanted a puppy.  I fell in love with Blackie when I first seen him.  I just HAD to have him but I didn't know if my mom or dad would let me have him.  So I took a chance & took him off her hands.  After all, they were free & there were only 2 left by the time she came back to our office!

When I arrived home that day, I took him in & showed everyone what I got from work.  I don't remember what my parent's response was but it had to have been good because I was allowed to keep him!  Blackie was a good dog!  He was smart! He knew how to get out of the back yard!  Every night he would lift the handle up with his nose & run up and down our street.  After he got his exercise in, he would return to the yard & lock up!  It was funny!

After I went away for college, there was no one to care for him!  Because my mom had a busy work schedule & was on travel almost every other week I had to give him up for adoption.  That was one of the hardest things to do!  I cried!


Krish & Blackie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,

Krisha

Test

This is my test blog.