Thursday, July 02, 2009

Where have I been???

What have I been doing for the past three weeks??? Thinking about it.....it doesn't seem like much.

On June 9th we celebrated my brother's birthday. We bought him a mylar balloon, a cake & made dinner for him. I took a picture of his cake but I just realized that I didn't take any of him with the cake nor did I take many group photos! I guess I was too busy with setting it all up that by the time everything was ready I forgot! Well here's the cake:

On my June 13th post I stated that my kids were going to New Mexico for their summer break. They were so excited to go see family & hang out with their cousins. I got up pretty early that morning and was trying to get everyone up. We managed to get ready and leave just in time. Since all four of our children were flying with their cousin KT, we decided to park in the garage & walk them to the gate and see them off. Everything was all fine and dandy when I realized I forgot the ticket for KT! My hubby drove back home, picked up the ticket and came back to the airport. In the mean time I checked the kids in for their flight and KT waited for my hubby to get back with his ticket. The kids & I managed to get through the line pretty quickly. When my hubby got back with the ticket, the line was at least three times as long! So we got back in line and waited about 30 minutes while my hubby took the kids upstairs to the gate area & waited for me & KT. When we got to the ticket counter, the first thing out of the agent was "Your not going to make it. I can re-book you on the next flight" and started looking at other options. I thought to myself, I think we can make it. So I told her we would like to check in for the flight and take our chances. She checked us in and we quickly ran upstairs to the gate and guess what???? Yes, there was a LONG line to get through security!!! We're in line about 10 minutes, get past the TSA agent and get in line to get though security. While we were standing in line there was a crewmember who just cut in line! He was pretty sly about it, too! There was another crew standing right in front of us and the guy that cut started talking to them & managed to cut! I was so mad but I thought we'll just go to the next line since there was nobody there. Well that didn't work either because we had already loaded our carry ons & purses on the x-ray machine so we had no choice but to stay there. We finally make it through & I checked the time. It's 10 minutes before dapartue! So we run to the gate aaaannndddddddd we miss it! So after all that time, we hang out get re-booked for the flight the next day. Here are a few photos:


Here we are leaving the airport & on our way to the park to shoot some hoops.

My oldest, Kelcie decided to keep Joshua company since he wasn't up for playing.

Here's Keirstin. She's going to be an awesome ball player when she gets older if she keep up on it.

Here's Joshua. He came over for some water.

Keightlyn going to join him for a break.

I had to snap a picture while I had the chance.

Keirstin's turn for a break.

Keightlyn getting her game on!

Cordell getting his game on!

Break time!


After playing a round of HORSE & a 2 on 2 game we left the court & took the kids to Applebee's for dinner. I took a few pictures.

Here's Keistin deciding what she wants to eat.


Here's the family patiently waiting for our meal to come.




We had a good time at dinner & went home. The kids made sure their luggage was ready to go, in fact I think we left the luggage in the car so that we could just get ready & leave early the next morning.

Sunday rolls around and the kids were up bright & early! We made it to the ticket counter & through security with no problems & waited with the kids & KT at the gate for a few minutes & then they were off! No picts of them walking to the plane but I did snap a few as they were making their way to the jetway.


By Sunday evening we were missing the kids! Our week was busy with work. We rented movies on Wednesday the 17th.

They were all good movies. I thought that Benjamin Button was kinda long!
This is me watching Friday the 13th! LOL....


I can't remember but my sister-in-law & her family too my kids fishing. Here are some photos take by Kelcie from her cell phone. Keightlyn & Keirstin caught a fish & released it back into the lake. The kids had a great time!



While the kids were visiting my mother-in-law taught the girls how to weave a Navajo rug. I am so greatful that my M-I-N taught them how to weave a rug! Here are a few pictures Kelcie took with her cell phone.






Here's a photo of the almost finished product!


On I received my Stellan bracelets! My kids are going to be excited when they get back from their visit. They been waiting for them to arrive in the mail!


Here I am with sporting my bracelet!


That pretty much sums up my 3 weeks. I've been busy with work trying to keep up on my 1500 calories a day! Here are a few more pictures. My favorites! I kept asking Kelcie to take pictures and text them to me because I was missing them like crazy!



I'm glad you all had a great time in New Mexico!


Here's a picture of me & my hubby. I took these photos last week when we were out paying bills.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,

Krisha

Test

This is my test blog.